Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Skidmore College, B.A., with honors
Daniel J. Pollak, Member
Chair, Real Estate Tax Appeals
Daniel Pollak focuses his practice on state and local taxation, primarily representing taxpayers and municipalities in real estate tax appeals before the Tax Court of New Jersey and county boards of taxation. His representation of taxpayers includes the owners of virtually all categories of income-producing properties including shopping centers, hotels, offices, apartment buildings, banks, and country clubs. He also represents condominium complexes and owners of large single-family residential properties. During the course of his career, he has also represented municipalities in the defense of tax appeals. Additionally, Dan handles exemptions, condemnations, farmland qualification cases, and claims for mansion tax refunds as well as other matters involving real estate valuation.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Dan was a law clerk to the Honorable David B. Follender of the New Jersey Superior Court.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for the Awards and Honors Methodology.
Notable Matters +
- 416 Route 10 Associates v. East Hanover Township. The Tax Court judge, following trial, accepted the value proferred by the taxpayer’s expert and reduced the plaintiff’s 2010-2015 assessments. The refund was approximately $250,000
- North Avenue East, LLC v. Elizabeth City, Docket Nos.: Following trial of a truck terminal property in the City of Elizabeth, the Tax Court reduced the assessment
- North Main Street Realty v. Borough of Lodi. Following a valuation trial of a waste transfer facility in the Borough of Lodi, the Tax Court reduced the assessment to the value proferred by the taxpayer for all years under appeal
- S. Postal Services v. Town of Kearny, 21 N.J.Tax 78 (App.Div. 2002)
- S. Postal Service v. Town of Kearny, 19 N.J.Tax 282 (Tax 2001)
- Consolidated Rail Corp. v. State, Director of Div. of Taxation, 19 N.J.Tax 378 (App.Div. 2001)
- Consolidated Rail Corp. v. State Director, Division of Taxation, 18 N.J.Tax 291 (Tax 1999)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Property Tax Subcommittee
RealEstate New Jersey