Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
- Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, B.S.
Jay Sabin, Counsel
Jay Sabin is a seasoned labor and employment and transportation attorney with extensive corporate experience as in-house counsel to a regional third-party logistics provider and The New York Times. He assists clients in the following areas:
- Labor relations and NLRB proceedings
- Labor arbitrations
- Employee classification issues and independent contractor agreements
- Wage and hour and EEO compliance
- FMCSA and DOT compliance
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Transportation liability defense
- Company employment policy formulation
- Background checks
- Employment contracts, reductions in force, severance agreements, and protection of intellectual property and trade secrets
- Commercial transportation contracts
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Pension plan withdrawal liability
- Medical plan design and ACA compliance
Jay has provided counsel to employers in a broad range of industries, including trucking, media, warehouse, healthcare, cannabis, manufacturing, trade exporters, stevedoring, and SaaS HR providers. He has presented on topics such as third-party cargo claims and social media ethics for attorneys.
Jay is a graduate of the Harvard Law School Program on Negotiations, the Duke Corporate Education Leadership Program, the Tuck School of Business Executive Program, and the University of Tennessee Vested Outsourcing Program.
During his time at Columbia University, Jay was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and the recipient of the Emil Schlesinger Prize which is the school’s outstanding student of labor law award.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for the Awards and Honors Methodology.
Professional Activities +
- Board Member, Employers Association of New Jersey
- Former President, Shomrei Emunah, Montclair, NJ
- Member, Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest Allocations Committee
Wednesday, June 23 at 1:00 p.m.