Michael A. Rienzi, Associate
Mike Rienzi has practiced law in the area of property tax litigation, representing New Jersey taxpayers, since 2007. Throughout Mike’s career, he has represented owners of nearly every class of property in the state, as well as various tax-exempt entities in their efforts to eliminate (through exemption) or reduce their tax liability. In his practice, Mike routinely appears before the county boards of taxation and the Tax Court of New Jersey on his clients’ behalf. In addition to his work in New Jersey, Mike also represents property owners in Pennsylvania in taxpayer-initiated appeals and appeals initiated by school districts to increase assessments.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Mike was a partner in a firm he co-founded, an associate at one of the state’s largest firms in their property tax group, and an associate at a boutique firm focused on property tax litigation.
Mike currently serves on the golf committee for The Banyan School, which was founded by his parents in 1993.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for the Awards and Honors Methodology.
- Martindale Hubble, Inc. c/o Lexis Nexis v. Borough of New Providence – trial for office building resulting in reductions in each year under appeal.
- Del Rosso v. Borough of Point Pleasant – successful summary judgment motion invalidating assessor’s spot assessment on a single-family home.
- Negotiated settlement for data center client in Hudson County resulting in over $600,000 in tax savings in one year.
- Negotiated settlement for data center client in Hudson County resulting in over $530,000 in tax savings in three years.
- Negotiated settlement for an apartment building in Hudson County resulting in over $200,000 in tax savings in one year.
- Negotiated settlement for office building owner in Essex County resulting in over $800,000 in tax savings over five years.
- Negotiated settlement for office building owner in Bergen County resulting in over $1.1 million in tax over six years.
- Part of a team that successfully litigated and resolved over 800 single-family home appeals in Ocean County following a town-wide revaluation, resulting in total savings of over $800,000.
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Taxation Law Section – Executive Committee Member
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on the Tax Court