Stuart J. Polkowitz, Member
Stuart Polkowitz handles matters encompassing all phases of litigation and arbitration. In particular, he focuses on general commercial, real estate, complex construction, healthcare, insurance coverage, and insurance defense. He also counsels insurance companies on run-off operations and strategies. Additionally, Stuart handles issues involving regulatory matters and unclaimed property audits.
Stuart also serves as outside counsel to group dental practices and dental support organizations, handling a broad scope of contract relations, employment, regulatory, real estate, and corporate matters. He is also experienced in counseling and defending clients on insurance coverage matters and contractual relationships and bad faith claims.
When insurers find themselves at odds with their insureds, claimants, and/or other carriers, insurers count on Stuart to zealously represent their interests in various state and federal courts, as well as in private arbitrations and mediations. Stuart regularly defends insurance clients against bad faith, breach of contract, and declaratory judgment claims, as well as litigates affirmative actions for declaratory relief, reimbursement, and/or contribution.
In every matter, Stuart employs a tailored and strategic approach, carefully analyzing the cost-benefit of prosecuting or defending a given claim. He advises on the best net outcome for each client based on their current situation and overall objectives.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for the Awards and Honors Methodology.
- Soliman v. Kushner Companies, Inc., 433 N.J. Super. 153 (App. Div. 2013)
- Adler v. SAVE., 432 N.J. Super. 101 (App. Div. 2013)
- Smith v. Medpointe Healthcare, Inc., 338 Fed. App. 230 (3d Cir. 2009)
- Piermount Iron Works, Inc. v. Evanston Ins. Co., 197 N.J. 432 (2009)
- American Wrecking Corp. v. Burlington Ins. Co., 400 N.J. Super. 276 (App.Div. 2008)
- Piermount Iron Works v. Evanston Ins. Co., 397 N.J. Super. 463 (App.Div. 2007)
- American Fire & Cas. Co. v. Manzo, 347 N.J. Super.100 (App.Div. 2002)
- Exton Plaza Assoc. v. Comm. of Pa., 763 A.2d 521 (Pa Cmwlth 2000)