Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
Autumn M. McCourt, Counsel
Autumn McCourt represents corporate and individual clients in litigation involving both civil and criminal matters in state and federal courts. Known for her tenacity and thorough approach, Autumn has significant experience representing clients in a wide variety of matters. These include business contract disputes, consumer fraud actions, employment disputes, construction disputes, shareholder disputes, unfair competition, healthcare fraud involving Medicare and Medicaid, insurance fraud, real estate disputes, personal injury, legal malpractice, landlord/tenant disputes, DUI defense, expungements, and possession charges. She has also defended employers against discrimination and harassment claims.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Autumn was a civil law clerk with the United States Attorney’s Office in Sacramento, California where she assisted in asset forfeiture and civil defense. She also served as a legal intern with the Sacramento District Attorney’s Office.
From 2018 – 2021, Autumn was named to the New Jersey Rising Stars list.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for the Awards and Honors Methodology.
- After a two day bench trial, obtained a verdict awarding damages, attorney’s fees, and costs for non-paying contractor’s violation of the Prompt Payment Act
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of subcontractor and against non-paying contractor for breach of contract
- Successfully challenged a zoning ordinance through appeal, assisting the clients in obtaining relief for the municipality’s failure to provide them the required individual notice of the significant zoning change effectuated by the ordinance
- Assisted in obtaining a temporary restraining order for a client, protecting his rights in a Limited Liability Company
- Obtained a significant judgment for a landlord against a non-paying commercial tenant
- Successfully obtained a dismissal for a client facing a breach of contract claim stemming from the client’s management of a construction project
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a client facing claims of copyright and trade dress infringement
- Obtained a favorable verdict for a landlord in a bench trial, assisting the landlord in evicting a non-paying tenant
- Successfully defended a client against a claim of housing discrimination, obtaining a dismissal from the U.S. Department of Housing
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a landlord in a housing/disability discrimination matter
- Negotiated multiple favorable settlements for landlords in landlord/tenant disputes
- Obtained a dismissal for a client facing an underage gambling charge
- Successfully assisted a client in defending against a multi-defendant hostile work environment case and negotiating a favorable settlement
- Assisted a client with negotiating a favorable settlement in a retaliation case
- Successfully obtained an expungement of an aggravated assault charge
- Obtained numerous expungements for clients
- Obtained a dismissal for a client in a contract dispute, protecting the client from substantial damages and costs
Published and Unpublished Decisions
- JHC Indus. Servs., LLC v. Centurion Companies, Inc., — A.3d —, 2021 WL 4232081 (App. Div. Sept. 17, 2021)
- Concerned Citizens of Livingston v. Township of Livingston, 2018 WL 2923482 (App. Div. June 11, 2018) (Reversing Trial Court’s dismissal and finding Municipality’s zoning ordinance to be invalid)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Barrister, The Brennan Vanderbilt American Inn of Court
- Member, The Worrall F. Mountain American Inn of Court
- Member, Sussex County Bar Association
Firm welcomes eight lawyers to membership and two to counsel!
Twelve Attorneys also Named to New Jersey Rising Stars List This Year